Hello my fabulous friends!
When I first started stamping out the images for today's card, I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it. I used the February Altenew Challenge as my inspiration for the colors, but I was having a really hard time taking it from colored flowers to finished card. So I set it aside for a couple weeks. I pulled it back out today, knowing what I wanted to do with it.
I'm going to be making a lot of 'Thank you' cards over the next while. My family is SO grateful for the love and support family, friends, and church members have been showering on us since we found out that my mom has cancer. We have a lot to be grateful for, and hopefully hand made cards will help express how we feel.
Ink: VersaMark, Zig Clean Color Pale Pink (028), Deep Red (260), Wine Red (024), Violet (080), Purple (082), Yellow (050) Light Green (041), May Green (047), Green (040), Light Brown (061), Dark Brown (062)
Other: Bristol paper, velum, white embossing powder, Distress Paint Black Soot, Pretty Pink Posh sequins
To start, I stamped the flowers and leaves using VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then colored it in with Zig Clean Color markers and water.
I find experimenting with colors fun... Both flowers started out as the same Pale Pink (028)... From there, I added yellow and reds to one, and purples to the other. It totally changed the the color and feel of each flower. I love how each of them turned out... The dimension and highlights... I think using layers of differs colors when using the Zig Clean Color markers makes all the difference! It's almost magical to watch how the shadows, highlights, and overall color develop as you drop in different colors.
After it dried, I fussy cut around the whole cluster of images.
For the bottom right corner of the card, I wanted to add a little something without being distracting, so I marked where the leaves would meet up with the edges and cut that corner off. I then glued on a triangle of velum and covered the seam with the flowers.
In order to stamp the sentiment over the embossed images, I used Distress paint. (any acrylic paint could have been used, but the Distress paints come with those dauber tops that makes inking up stamps super easy... just make sure to clean your stamps well BEFORE the paint dries)
I sketched in a black line around the whole card front to give it a border and finished it off with some tiny sequins.
There's still a few more days to join in the Altenew Challenge!