doodlebug bright...

As promised, I've got another project using my current favorite Halloween stamp set by Inkadinkado... I wanted to use the same set in a totally different style... so I went Doodlebug bright! =)

Paper: Doodlebug Designs,  Coredinations, watercolor paper, acetate
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Inksenssial white pen, All Purpose Ink (Tangerine), Mark-it (Polynesian Purple), StazOn (Cotton White
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Cat and Friends", Fancy Pants "In My Words", Studio G "spider"
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: Doodlebug glitter, Enamel Accents, rhinestones, watercolor crayons

 After I cut the circles  from the patterned paper and the base of my card, I sandwiched a piece of acetate in between them. This gave me a clear window while still leaving a surface for me to stamp on. It also adds a lot of visual dimension since the swirls are "floating" above the stamped cat.
I'm not very good at free handing doodles with a bottle of glue, so I like give myself a template... I stamp my swirls, then go over them with glue and sprinkle on the glitter. It takes time, but I love how it looks in the end. I know there are glue pads that you can stamp directly with, but I don't feel they hold the glitter as well as a nice line of strong liquid glue.

 The image was colored using watercolor crayons.  For me, watercoloring images is so much easier than getting it to look good using markers. I know there are some amazingly talented people who make magic with markers, but I'm not one of them. I'll stick to my paints. =)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments