makeup chemistry...

Ok, I've totally gotten behind on my class projects, so today's post is going to be packed!  

Ready to jump in?

Day 5 was about ink sprays and stains... (and Day 8)

This is packed with texture! There's tons of paint, canvas, embossing, crackle paint... Yeah, I had fun. =)
The background paper is a kraft resist paper by Idea-ology, and it looks so awesome with the Picket Fence Distress Stain! Fun stuff!



I finally got a great result with Rock Candy Crackle Paint... I bought some when it first came out, but I wasn't so impressed... Turns out I just wasn't putting it on thick enough. This is seriously cool stuff! (and I've been playing with some ideas.... you know what that means... tutorials coming!)
(technically, this technique is from day 8, but I have a different sample for that.)

Day 7 was about embossing powders...
(yes, I skipped day 6... I don't have the distress markers yet...)

Another favorite technique that you've seen me use before. It uses a lot of clear embossing powder, but the effect is fabulous!  And it has a great orange peel texture IRL, and you all know how I like texture! =)



Day 8 was all about paint... (which I totally LOVE!!!)
The background for this card is actually Sticky Back Canvas... I'd never used this before, but I'm in love!  It is SO much easier than trying to glue on the canvas!


 Using the stains to cover the background was so nice! It was a ton faster than using the blending tool! 
The polka dots are stamped with acrylic paint and act as a resist... You've seen me do that in the past... It's a fun way to add resist and texture. I don't have paint dabbers, so I just use a makeup wedge to dab on a thin layer of paint. Works for me.

Day 9 is about Perfect Pearls...
 This is another one of those products I really fell in love with.... I've generally only used them in sprays before because I just didn't like the results of any other technique (at least when I did them).  

However, I've figured out what I've been doing wrong, and now I'm totally in love! Isn't that gold just beautiful when it hits the light??? Yeah, I'm thinking I need to broaden my color collection of these babies!

Whew! I think I'm caught up now. =)

If you are liking the techniques, you can still sign up for this class! It is a lifetime access to the info, and it is totally worth it!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies used:
Paper: Sticky Back Canvas, Idea-ology, Coredinations, white cardstock, kraft, watercolor paper, chipboard
Ink: Distress, Archival, VersaMark, MarkIt
Stamps: Penny Black "Make a Wish", Prima Music, Fiskars "Polka Dots", Tattered Angels "Sea Side" & "Tattered Travelers Compass", Great Impressions "Simple Elegance", Fancy Pants "Delight", Inspired by Stamping "The Skys the Limit", Sweet Stamps "Cherie", Inkadinkado "Letter"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Rustic Red, Fairy Dust
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Ovals", Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Other: Perfect Pearls, Rock Candy Crackle Paint, acrylic paint, faux pearls, ribbon, brad, eyelet, wraphia, embossing powder


Comments

  1. Wow, so many beautiful projects!!
    Impressing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your "Day 8- Butterfly Stew Picture" in the Creative Chemistry class gallery...just wanted to stop by and tell you how beautiful the picture is...your very talented...and I loved the art work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment