be amazed...

Today, while walking my dog, I stopped to watch several swallows swooping  and diving through the warm sunbeams of spring. It made my heart sing. I see all the new life budding out on the branches of trees and the twisted berry vines, and I can't help but be amazed. God is good.

Sometimes I think we need to slow down a little and drink in the moments... they pass so quickly!

Even though I have never been into fishing, this sweet image from Prima makes me smile... 

When I lived in Utah, I built a pond in the backyard.  In this pond, we kept goldfish and koi. I loved watching the fish! Each year, as they were waking up from their winter hibernation, I would start feeding them worms.  Each night I would catch night crawlers as they poked up from the gardens. By the end of the summer, I would have the fish taking the worms right from my fingers. I loved it! 

I stamped the image on watercolor paper and used Distress inks to paint it. The background is done on kraft with a mixture of stamping and heat embossing to form a resist. I then used some watered down acrylic paint over it to make the resist pop.

This little canvas tag is from Maya Road. I stamped the heart using Rustic Red Creative Inspirations Paint so it would be all shimmery. I used a makeup wedge to add some CI paint to the frayed edges of the tag as well. It is a quick way to add a pop of color and shimmer. Love it!

Take some time today to be amazed!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Coredinations, kraft, watercolor
Ink: Archival (Jet Black), Distress (Various), VersMark
Stamps: Prima, Fancy Pants "In my Words" & "Little Star", Tattered Angels "Tattered Traveler Compass"
Creative Inspirations: Paint (Rustic Red)
Dies: Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Other: Maya Road canvas tag, twine, acrylic paint, embossing powder

Comments