dress it up...

I have a wonderful mother. She loves to find ways to stretch my creativity. She finds things that I normally would pass over, and brings them to me and challenges me to use them. Well, I get free stuff if I use them, and it is fabulously fun to challenge myself to step out of my typical "box", so it is now almost a game of how weird she can get. Trust me, she can get REALLY weird. If anyone knows what little squares of plastic (like trash bag plastic) bound together in notebook fashion are actually supposed to be used for, I would LOVE to know! I think it has something to do with sewing or quilting, but I could be way off.

One of her less weird, yet still challenging for me, finds was a stamp set that was on sale. She picked it up a while ago, and it has been sitting in my studio taunting me. Begging to be used, but I had no idea how to tie it into any of my projects....

It is a stamp set from TPC Studio called "Vintage Threads" with old sewing machines, fancy scissors, vintage-y pattern and a fabulous dress form. I love it! I really do. I just don't sew. Neither does anyone I make cards or scrapbooks for. I just don't make projects that call for sewing images. It was really stretching my imagination to come up with a project that would use the stamp set and yet not just be a waste of time. 

And then... 

Mother's Day.


My mom quilts, she loves the stamps, she picked the set out after all... It was perfect!

I stamped the dress form, then created a skirt out of die cut flowers and rhinestones. It dressed it up, and gave it some great dimension.

To add to the vintage-y feel, I used some doily, lace, and script stamps in the background. A little stitching on my sewing machine (that honestly gets used 97% of the time for paper) and a little tattering around the edges finish of the vintage look. 

Love you mom!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Bazzill, white cardstock
Ink: VesaMark, Distress Ink, Archival Ink
Stamps: TPC Studio "Vintage Threads" My Mind's Eye "Story", Country Companions "Sunshine Meadows"
Dies: Joy Crafts "Fantasy Flowers #2"
Other: rhinestones, ribbon, embossing powder


Comments