black shimmer...

Happy Friday!

I feel like I'm going slightly crazy right about now.

I've got SO many projects in various stages of completion right now. Everything from can't post yet (dt), pieces in haphazard piles (killing me in my OCD world!!!!), to deadlines over the next few months.

And I've had a migraine for 2+ weeks, so I've just been falling farther behind. grrrrrr!

Last night/way too early this morning (like 1-5 am) I was in a super-charged-creative-dance-your-heart-out-while-belting-songs-from-your-favorite-ipod-playlists kind of zone, and after cleaning my house, I needed to do a project that was totally NOT design team related.

I feel bad though... I didn't get a tutorial done to go with it. I really do need to get back to work. So many things to get off my desk to get caught up! Sorry peeps!

hope you like me anyway. :)


The shimmer on the black was made by stamping with VersaMark embossing ink, then covering with Perfect Pearls.  You can do this on any color, but I LOVE how the color of the Perfect Pearls pops on the black!
(the polka dots stamp is from Unity's "Love in Return" kit... I love that stamp!)


 For the white, I used an embossing folder to emboss some white paper, then I used some Creative Inspirations paint to highlight the raised areas.


The trim is a really cool thing called Diamond Mesh (link in my supply list). It is a mesh of plastic "reverse" rhinestones things... I reverse because they are indented like sequins rather than domed like rhinestones, but they have the bulk of rhinestones... Anyway, they are hooked together with thread, and they come on these 4"x12" sheets... and they can be die cut. Super fun, easy to cut, lines are a breeze.... I glue them on with a drop of Glossy Accents on the back of the stones.

 And no, I'm not paid to advertise those. I picked some up at the Scrapbook USA Expo last spring in UT, and I used them a once, then forgot about them... I dug them out last night for DT project, and remembered why I was so excited about them when I bought them, so I thought I would share.  :)

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Supplies Used:
Paper: card stock (unknown)
Stamps: Unity "Blossom Stackers", "Love in Return", & "Best Wishes and Blooms"
Ink: VersaMark
Silhouette: Feather
Embossing folder: Darice "Fall Leaf Background"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Autumn Wheat
Other: Perfect Pearls, diamond mesh, acrylic paint


Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How beautiful! I love all those little details that give your card so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Glad you got a some crafting time in that was just for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feather and the bling are a perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love all the accents and the detail you include. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That feather is just stunning, Kassi! So excited about learning lots of things from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Kassi. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the colors n feather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kassi, I love your card - just stunning! And those rhinestone strips are to die for!!!!! I am looking forward to working with you at CI Paints, and I am now a new follower of your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card design. I hope that you get to feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a stunning card & design! Love it! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment