hidden treasures...

Hello my fabulous friends! 

So I'm getting super excited for my visit to UT for the Scrapbook Expo USA! It is still a month away, but they announced their LO Challenge Sketch a few days ago. Since I'm on the DT, I can't actually participate in the challenge, but I wanted to share my take on it in hopes of inspiring you!
I'll be honest... this isn't my normal LO... a lot more collage than I've ever done. I've never felt confident enough to do it before, but I LOVE the look. I finally watched some videos and learned that my problem is that I OVER THINK it. Once I realized that, and trusted myself enough to relax and have fun, I found myself really enjoying it! All the layers and hidden treasures...

For added texture, I applied Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint through a stencil... Once dry, I sprayed over it with Lindy's Stamp Gang (LSG)  sprays... the Crackle paint resists the ink, but it does soak into all the little cracks. (because it is lighter colors it is hard to see in the photo but IRL, it is awesome!)

I had fun rummaging through my supplies (and my kitchen), and finding odds and ends to collage. The colors didn't matter because I gave them all a nice coat of Gesso. Once that was dry, I sprayed and painted everything with LSG Starbursts & Moon Shadow sprays (colors & links in supply list at the end)

For the blue paper, I mix LSG Magicals (Tibetan Poppy) into some white acrylic paint and coated a piece of white card stock . (I love all the ways you can use Magicals!!!). Once that was dry, I sprayed on to my craft sheet and to "ink up" my circle stamps. I love how the fluid inks turn a clean circle stamp into one that looks like water stain rings.

The butterfly was die cut out of a coffee filter that was sprayed and stamped. It has a nice light texture. 


The title is made from Tim Holtz "Alpha Parts" and my Dymo label maker. 

This has changed the way I look at so many do-dads around me. I've saved certain things like clam shell packaging (for the clear plastic), cool containers, and such for a long time, but now I see all sorts of possibilities in so many things! Anything with texture, fun shape, or visual interest could find their way into a project like this... 

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Challenge Links:


Supplies Used:
Paper: chipboard, cardstock, coffee filter
Ink: Distress ink,  Memento
Stamps: Unity "Create Today", Simon Says Stamp "Lots of Dots"
Dies: Sizzix "Butterfly #12", Lea'bilities "Little Birds"
Mediums: Gesso, Rock Candy Distress Crackle, acrylic paint
Other: Tim Holtz "Alpha Parts" Tim Holtz grungeboard shapes, Prima flowers, jute, lace buttons, shells, rhinestone mesh, burlap, beads, other random findings

Comments