spring wreath...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Yesterday was my birthday... Most of the day was spent shopping with my mom, then family dinner and ice cream... It was WONDERFUL!

Today's card is inspired by TheClassroom Pin-Sights challenge.. 

I LOVED the beautiful colors and all the pretty flowers!  
It's really getting me in the mood for the baby and wedding projects I have coming up in the next few months. 

Essentials by Ellen "Fancy Thanks", "Bokeh Dots", "Bohemian Garden"


My image actually combines several different stamps. I started by stamping the largest scribbled circle from the Bokeh Dots set in a very light ink. This was just to give me an idea of where to place the flowers. 

I then started stamping and masking the flowers and berries from Bohemian Garden in Antique Linen Distress ink.  I used watercolor crayons to paint the flowers... I'm no expert on no line coloring, but I had fun playing. :)

After everything was all painted, I again masked everything off and stamped the scribbled circle in a dark brown. Using the MISTI for this was very helpful. I kept the scribbled circle stamp on the MISTI the whole time so I knew that when I was ready to stamp it for real with all the masks in place, the circle would be in the exact same place that I had marked.


 Next I added the sentiment from Fancy Thanks. Again, the MISTI is helpful here. Sometimes the texture of watercolor paper makes it hard to get a crisp image... The MISTI allows you to stamp multiple times in the same spot eliminating this problem.

I wanted to keep things simple but add a little bit of depth so I popped the watercolor panel up with a little foam underneath.

 I love the soft cottony texture you can get when you distress the edges of watercolor paper! It's a simple way to add a little extra texture.

Enjoy!
~Kassi 



Comments

  1. Hi, I saw your card on the Pin-Sights page and just wanted to pop over here and tell you how pretty it is! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks simple but there is so much depth and creativity! You have a lot of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms ... congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment