October Pin-Sights challenge


Hello my fabulous friends!

I'm super excited to be a guest designer today for Ellen Hutson and their Pin-Sights challenge!


The Pin-Sights challenge is a super fun monthly challenge over at theClassroom blog.  It is based on a Pinterest inspired photo.  You simply use the inlinkz on the challenge post to enter... 

The best part?

 One randomly selected entry will win a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store!!! 


The rules? 

 You MUST use Essentials by Ellen products, and the inspiration photo as your inspiration. 

Super simple!

Here's Octobers inspiration photo:


Amazing, right? So many different ways to so with this!

Here's my take...


I loved the gorgeous flowers in the center of the picture... The contrast of the oranges with the bright green leaves against the white background... so pretty!


I started out by stamping the Mondo Peony by Ellen Hutson and leaves in Versamark and heat embossing...

I used various shades of Distress ink to paint in the petals and leaves... I have to admit, when I first started painting, it looked like a hot mess. Don't let that deter you when you are watercoloring... After a few layers and time to dry, it is amazing how the "hot mess" turns into magic!

The sentiment comes from another Essentials by Ellen stamp set Fancy Thanks. I wanted to ground the side of the card with the sentiment, but I wanted to keep it subtle... So I used one of the Stitching Lines dies... I LOVE this set!

I hope you join us for this months Pin-Sights challenge!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies: 




SaveSave

Comments