amazing daisy...

Hello my fabulous friends!

After enjoying some serious sunshine this morning, the clouds have rolled in, and now I'm enjoying thunder... I have to admit, one of the things I miss about where I grew up, is the thunderstorms.  I love a good thunderstorm, and we very rarely get a GOOD one where I live now... 


On to today's project!

Paper:  Strathmore Bristol; WRMK washi sheets;
white card stock
Stamps: Altenew Spring Daisy,  Amazing You
Dies: Tim Holtz Mixed Media
Other: Angelina Fibers Gold Iris; clear embossing powder

I have had this random sheet of Bristol paper sitting on my work table for quite a while... I had stamped some different daisies and leaves from the Spring Daisy stamp set with VersaMark, and embossed with clear embossing powder for another project, and ended up not using these one.. I figured it was time to use them!

So, I watercolored my flowers and leaves using Zig Clean Color markers. Getting the exact color I wanted took a little experimenting. For my flowers, I ended up doing my light base layer in Light Violet so when the rather bright Pink was layered on top, it brought in cooler shadows and help tone down the color somewhat. With the little bits of Wine Red into the shadows it pulled it right to the perfect magenta color I wanted. 

I have learned that with these markers, you can get a TON of different colors by mixing up what colors you layer together. 

After fussy cutting each flower and leaf, I played around with the arrangement. When I got things how I wanted them, I covered the whole arrangement with Glad Press n' Seal, and pressed down.. making sure to rub over all the different components of my arrangement so they all stuck to the plastic.

Doing this allows me to pick everything up (without things shifting) and flip it over to add adhesive. After the adhesive is added to the back, I can put it on the card where I want it, and gently peel off the Press n' Seal off and add a little glue to any areas that may need it. I have never had any problems with the adhesive on the plastic ruining a project... it is tacky enough to hold it, but won't hurt it. 

I die cut this awesome background using Tim Holtz's Mixed Media die, and layered that on top of a card base covered with a WRMK black Washi Sheet.... 

I wanted to add a little texture and bling, so I put some dry adhesive on my card, and made a messy nest of Angelina Fibers. I then glued the flower cluster over top to help ensure they don't go anywhere.

I really like these thin tinsel like, fusable fibers... There are so many things you can do with them! 
For more inspiration and techniques using these fibers, click HERE.

This project was inspired by Altenew's May inspiration challenge... I love all the amazing projects that get entered into this challenge! So much inspiration! Check it out HERE!




  1. Extremely beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing. Great design with incorporating that background die.
    Thank you for playing along with Altenew!


Post a Comment