Fancy Gate fold Monster with rhinestones...

Hello my fabulous friends! 

Today I have a super cute card I made for LDRS Creative... If you haven't already seen the LDRS blog post, check it out HERE... There's a step by step tutorial on making this fancy edged gate fold card, so be sure to check it out!

Paper: Georgia Pacific; LDRS Creative Time for Tea paper pack
Stamps: LDRS Creative Monster Mash, Girl Power 1
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink Seedless Preserves; Copic V01, V12, V15, V17, R11, RV32, RV34, YG01, YG05, YG17, Y11, Y15, Y17, BG000, BG10; Uniball Signo white
Dies: LDRS Creative Sleigh Ride, Holly Wreath Circle
Other: Rhinestones (size 2mm)


Isn't this monster adorable?!?!  You can pre-order the Monster Mash stamp and die set right now by clicking HERE (you'll want to hurry... today is the last day the 15% off discount code is valid!)

I colored her using Copics. I wanted some texture, so I colored the purple part first. Then I put a little rubbing alcohol onto a terry cloth and lightly tapped... This results in a mottled, textured  look which is great for fur!  After that, I colored everything else pretty normal..

This is a really fun card style! I love using the Sleigh Ride border die to create the fun edge. Be sure to check out the tutorial! It really is easy to use a border die to create edges that match up perfectly!

One of the things I love about this kind of card, is that there is still an "inside"... So many of the fancy folded cards don't leave you any good place to write a message... But this card does! And you can line the inside with patterned paper for something a little extra special!

Ok... If you read my tutorial on LDRS Creative, you know I promised to share my secret for perfect rhinestone placement... You'll notice that the monster is in a ring of rhinestones... they are tiny little things... and each had to be placed by hand...

Here's the secret... The Holly Wreath Circle die has these little stitch marks that it embosses when you cut out the circle... If you place a rhinestone on each 'x', they will be evenly spaced and follow the edge of the die cut perfectly! Try doing this with other dies that have a stitch or dotted design! You can also use stamped images as your template! I know some people find it tedious to hand place all those little rhinestones, but I find it relaxing. 

Have a wonderful day... and make sure you pre-order what ever stamps, dies, inks, planners, etc. that you want today so you can use the discount code!!! 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments