grunge makeover

Good evening everyone! I have spent most of the day working on cutting images with my cricut to decorate pages of cook books. (yes, it is plural.... we are talking 40 books...wow!) I had hoped that I would be able to multi-task enough to complete a project or two while the machine was cutting.... after all, I just had to push a few buttons and keep feeding it paper... yeah right!!!
So, I will share a project I did a little while ago. You may recognize the design.... It matches the card I posted a while ago. However, I went grungy with the note book instead of clean and classy. Kinda fun to see how the same products and designs work in different styles.
The covers of the notebook are chipboard that was covered in old book paper, than partially torn off with masking tape. The stamps are Basic Grey and Artful Inkables. I used distress ink and distress crackle paint as well. The flowers and ribbon were again painted with Creative Inspirations Paint.
I heat embossed the quote on a Tim Holtz Fragment, than sanded the backside to make it look frosted. This is a fun way to help the top image stand out a little.
Yup, here is that delicious sparkly CI paint.... I love this stuff!!!!!
the ribbon is painted as well, but I didn't feel like posting another close up of painted ribbon as I do that a lot... *I am thinking that my next B2B will be altering ribbon.... shhhh... it's a surprise. =) *
the distress crackle paint gives great texture, and by rubbing distress ink into it after it has dried, the cracks really stand out!
Finally, I used my Bind-it-all to bind the book.
Well, I still got lots of paper to cut....
Have a fabulous night.

Comments