life is good

Today has been a blast! I spent the morning at the zoo *I used to go there every year for my b-day...ahh the memories...* I finished cutting out the images for the cookbooks *YAY!* and, it is supposed to rain. Life is good.
meet baby Zuri. love baby animals!

On craftier matters...
As anyone who knows me will attest, I am very prone to injury... especially head injuries. So, this is probably the card I would give myself... if I were to give myself a card.
I fell in love with the little monster all bandaged up, *isn't he just adorable!!!* and I just had to use him in a card.
Paper: white cardstock, Watercolor paper, scrap of patterned paper
Stamps: Artful Inkables "Monster Medical"
Ink: distress, VersaMark, memento
CI paint: Autumn Wheat
Other: black embossing powder, white ribbon
This super cutie was stamped with VersaMark ink then embossed on watercolor paper. I then water colored him in with Distress ink. To add some dimension, I stamped the image again, and just cut out the bandage. Using a little foam, I popped it up. And though you can't really see the shimmer in the pict, the bandage is painted with CI paint, and in real life it sparkles!
Yes, this ribbon used to be white. *and surprise, surprise, I didn't use CI paints this time.... I didn't have the right blue...* I used distress reinker and water to get that beautiful blue to match perfectly with the eyes. *we all know I am a sucker for things that match perfectly...*
Well, I have a big mess to clean up in my studio. Then I think I'll go eat some ice cream cake... it is totally calling my name from the freezer down the hall.....

Comments

  1. I love this monster! We must be related, because I am also prone to injury, so when I first saw him I was thinking this would be a card for me too, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment