i scream, u scream...

Hello all!
Today I have just a quick project to share with you. Over at the dollhouse, the current elements challenge is to use your favorite ice cream to inspire your color palate. *how fun is that!* Anyway, my favorite ice cream totally depends on my current mood... However, I love the look of mint chocolate chip ice cream... YUM! So, here is a mint chocolate chip card. :)
Paper: DCWV, Crate Paper, white cardstock
Stamps: Basic Grey "Different Strokes"
Ink: VersaMark, Printworks
Dry embossing: PC "Swiss Dots"
Other: embossing powder, ribbon, Mark-its
I love dry embossing on cardstock that has either a white or color core because it has such a striking effect when you lightly sand off the raised portions. Swiss Dots has got to be one of my current favorites for this technique. It fits most any project!

The ribbon (as I'm sure anyone who reads this blog could guess..) is a white ribbon. However, I didn't have the right color in any of the inks or paints that I have. GRRR! (again, anyone who reads this blog often, knows how much that bugs me!!!) However, I discovered another way to dye ribbon.... Mark-It markers by Bic! Ok, so, I have known for a long time that I LOVE these markers. *mostly because they have such fun colors, and they write on most anything!!!) However, I had never tried coloring ribbon with them... I figured it would look streaky, but it doesn't. Even when you overlap your strokes, you can't tell once the ribbon has dried! How awesome is that!!!!!

Well, that's all from me for the moment. I'll be back tomorrow with my take on the CI DT challenge. 'Til then, have a fantastic day!

Comments

  1. LOVELY card!!! Thanks so much for playing at the dollhouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, mint! My current color obsession! This looks amazing, what a great combination!
    Thanks for playing with us Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Beautiful card! I love chocolate mint ice cream. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    My Journal
    http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2010/06/design-dollies.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment