just add water...

Well... I was planning on having this project posted here on Monday.... I've been a little busy. LOL! Oh well, better late than never, right?
This is the project I made for the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.
Paper: white cardstock, Coredinations, Bazzill
Stamps: Great Impressions "Instant Witch", Kausercraft "Grid"
Ink: VersaMark, Memento, Distress
CI paint: Plum, Pumkin
Other: embossing powder, glitter, ribbon, acrylic paint, feather, nailhead

The entire cauldron was "colored" in using glitter, so it really catches the light. The embossed image makes easy "walls" to follow between glitter colors. I started by filling the stars in with glue, then dumping yellow glitter on. Then I filled the rest in with glue and dumped black glitter on. You don't even have to wait between colors for the glue to dry. (which works well for me who hates waiting in between steps. LOL!)

Once again, I used my fabulously wonderful plain white ribbon. I painted this one with "Plum" CI paint. The shimmer really shows up here, don't ya think!

And my newest addiction in crafting... FEATHERS! I know, they aren't the "popular" thing to stick on cards and what not right now, but I like them. Maybe I can inspire a new trend... =)
I get them in bags of plain white (you know me... hehehe!) I then use dye reinkers and water to color them. I want to put together a tutorial on that, but I am still trying to figure out the best way... I tend to get very messy hands doing this, and that wouldn't be good for the camera. LOL! I will tell you this: Feathers and Heat guns, don't play well together. Let them drip dry! (trust me)

Have a fabulous day!
~Kassi

Comments