working the clay....

Hey everyone!
I'm sitting on my back porch right now enjoying the day. It is starting to look like fall around my house... Leaves on the ground, a slight nip in the wind.... oh, it is beautiful!
Since it is Saturday once again (I can't believe how quickly the week seems to fly by me), I have another project that I shared over at the Creative Inspirations blog... This week I taught about working with clay, stamps, and (of course) the CI paints. Check it out here!

Here is my project
Paper: White Cardstock, Watercolor paper
Stamps: Artful Inkables "A Bird's Song", Fancy Pants "In My Words"
Ink: Archival, Distress
CI paint: Antique Silver, Coal, Silver Frost, Denium
Other: ribbon, clay, rhinestones

This faux metal frame was made by stamping clay with a Fancy Pant's stamp. When it was dry, I painted it with Antique Silver, Coal, and Silver Frost. Using the three shades of Silver gives it an antiqued look, and really adds to the metallic effect.

I stamped the bird onto watercolor paper with Archival ink. I like to use Archival ink when I am watercoloring because it won't bleed. *Nothing is worse than having the perfect image stamped on your project, and the ink bleeding when you start coloring. Grrr!*
I painted the bird using Distress inks. These inks are SO much fun to paint with. Just wipe your pad on a non porous surface to get a little ink. Then use some water and a paintbrush, and you are on your way. It doesn't even take much talent to get a beautiful image! (which is probably good since I have yet to really master the art of coloring with markers..... maybe I should take the Copic class....)

Once again, white ribbon painted to mach the card. This time using Denium. *I love painting ribbons... however you can also use dye inks... I was playing around with that at 1 am (don't ask) and got some pretty cool tie dye effects... but I digress.... *
The leaves were also stamped with Archival ink and colored with Distress ink. I added a few rhinestones in there just for a little pop of dimension and sparkle.
Well, I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day!
Have a fabulous weekend! (and a safe Halloween for those celebrating it)
~Kassi

Comments