thank you...

It's so good to be back!  Unpacking, organizing, exploring... it has taken me more time than I expected to get back into the swing of everyday life, but it has been amazing! I love the new area, my new studio (much bigger than my old one), the ocean is only an hour away, my backyard IS a forest, and the people are small-town friendly... God is good.

I have some thank you cards to make for those who helped to make this move possible for my family... This is the first one. It is for the real estate agent that helped us sell our old house. She was great!
 Paper: My Minds Eye, white cardstock
Ink: Archival (Jet Black), Distress ink (Pumice Stone, Soot Black), Staz-on (Jet Black), Colorbox Chalk (Blackberry)
Stamps: Hampton Arts "Artsy Edges", Clear Dollar Stamps "Thoughtful Notes"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Burgundy
Other: Ribbon, eyelet, key, rhinestones


The ribbon was painted with Burgundy CI paint... I'm not very patient when it comes for waiting for something to dry. This is partly because I want to get things done, and partly because when I set things aside to dry, 1 of 3 things usually happens: 1) I drop/bump the wet item, and it gets all over the floor, 2) I set something down on top of it without thinking, or 3) I brush against it and get the paint/ink all over me. LOL!  My solution has been that when ever possible, I either dry things with my heat gun or take it outside to dry.  I like to take ribbons outside to dry because not all ribbons like heat guns.  In UT, it took a minute or so of dancing around with the ribbon outside for it to dry. Well.. while making this card, I couldn't use my heat gun because we didn't have power most of the morning (small town... go fig), so I took the ribbon outside. 15 min. later it was still as wet as when I hung it over my railing. Guess I'm not in the desert anymore!  I ended up hanging it in front of my fireplace.

I'm not sure what this key is for.. I have a jar of old keys from my parents and grandparents houses... the locks they go to have long been forgotten or changed.  I thought it a good accent for our real estate agent though. I was going to heat emboss "thanks" on the key, but due to no power, I ended up just using Staz-on ink.  It works. 

Thank You Lisa for all you did for us!

~Kassi

Comments