chick'n in...

Hey everyone!  I can't believe it's Friday already... This week has just flown by!

Yesterday I spend most of the day making meringuelets.  I haven't made these in a while, so I had forgotten how long it takes!  I ended up with about 4-5 trays of these little things, and each tray takes an hour to bake. However, these fruity little fluffs are SO worth it! They simply MELT in your mouth!

Today I finished a card I started late last night.
Paper: My Mind's Eye, white cardstock
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "Thoughtful Nots", Yvonne Albritton Designs "Chickens"
Inks: All Purpose Ink (Poppy Red), Powder Puff ink (Black), Archival Ink (Jet Black), VersaMark, AquaMarkers (Twilight Blue, Straw Yellow, Gold Ochre, Rose Carmine, Bamboo, Flame Red, Aquamarine)
Other: black embossing powder, ribbon, buttons, thread, gesso

The main image is on white cardstock that was covered in gesso. I then embossed the chickens, and colored them in with AquaMarkers. I like how easily the markers blend on the gesso. I sewed a messy boarder around it with my sewing machine. I tore out the image to give a messy casual look, and added a few buttons for dimension. 

Have a fabulous day!
~Kassi

Comments