fishnet heart...

Hello my wonderful friends!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Starting this week out on the elegant side of things...
I saw this this positive/negative Perfect Pearl technique online a while ago, and have been wanting to give it a go and share... I'm finally getting around to it!

I started by making a my own stamp using a heart die and some craft foam. I then stamped it in clear VersaMark ink. I dusted the whole thing with Perfect Pearls. Beautiful!

I then inked up a pretty flowery swirl stamp with VersaMark and stamped it right over the heart, making sure some of the image was inside, and some of it was outside of the heart.... that is what makes this technique so fun!

When you lift up your stamp, the sticky ink will have picked up the Perfect Pearls on the inside of the heart, and left an "invisible" image on the outside of the heart. Using a brush, I carefully brushed on Perfect Pearls to the image on the OUTSIDE of the heart... So the flowers on the inside are white, and the flowers on the outside are gold... so elegant!  

And, of course, I added the itty bitty 2mm rhinestones in the centers of the flowers. :)

A little fancy stitching around the corner with some metallic embroidery floss to add a little dimension and texture... I'm not sure if this stitching technique has a real name, but it always reminds me of fishnets...

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Coredinations, white card stock
Ink: VersaMark
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Modern Flower Flourish"
Dies: Spellbinders "Hearts One"
Other: Perfect Pearls, embroidery floss, rhinestones, ribbon

Comments