gesso and distress ink...

Hello my wonderful friends! 

Recently I was playing with my gesso and inks...

Contrary to how this looks, this card front is actually only 2 pieces of paper. The purple card stock, and the white card stock. I masked off the top and bottom edges of the white card stock to stamp and color the main image (isn't she absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!), then I masked off the center of the card and inked and stamped the top and bottom green. To soften the lines I stamped some lace and string. I love that it looks like there is a lot of dimension, but it is flat. Perfect for mailing!

I prepped the white card stock with a layer of gesso. This lets me watercolor on it with out the ink soaking into the paper. However, it also means that the Distress Inks tend to not really dry. However, if you heat set them, they do fine. I love how you can really blend and move them around with water!  Generally I use watercolor paper when I want to color with my Distress inks, but regular card stock becomes a great alternative when you add a coat of gesso!


Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: DCWV, white card stock
Ink: Archival Ink, Distress Ink, Mark-it
Stamps: Wild Rose Studio "Annebelle's Meadow", Kaiser Craft "Devonshire", My Minds Eye "Story", Country Companions "Sunshine Meadows", Great Impressions "Sweet Sentiments"
Other: gesso

Comments