alcohol markers on kraft...

Hello my fabulous friends!

In honor of the 30 day coloring challenge, I thought I would try something I had never done before. 

Alcohol marker on kraft paper...


 For those who follow me on Instagram, you may recognize this as my day 2 project... But I thought I would share my process with you today. 

Step 1: Stamp your image(s) using VersaMark and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
Stamps: Altenew Peony Bouquet

Step 2: Color in your image with a white colored pencil... Mine isn't anything fancy, just the kind you get for your kids. 

Step 3: Start coloring with alcohol markers... I'm using Chameleon pens 

I think the darker colors have more punch with this technique.

Evergreen (GR4) for the leaves, and Fuchsia (PK5) for the flowers

Chameleon pens are alcohol markers, but they have a mixing chamber that has clear blending solution in it.. You infuse the tip of the marker with the blending solution and you color it out... This gives you a very nice, even gradation from light color to dark... (More details on this will be coming)

Step 4: Add extra detail with more colored pencils... 

Super easy, huh?  The base layer of white pencil really make the colors pop even though they are on a darker surface. 

Why not give it a try and join in the coloring challenge!


Enjoy!
~Kassi





SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments