spring coloring...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Despite all the rain we've been getting, signs of spring are finally here! Deer, Eagles, daffodils... even humming birds! Soon the bunnies will start making an appearance in the yard. 

In honor of spring, this is yesterday's coloring challenge piece.

I love this bunny stamp... It's from a set I got free with a magazine quite a while ago... 

Ok, let's be honest, I bought the magazine for the stamp set... LOL!

Here's the finished card..

Stamps: Michael Abrams Somebunny to Love; Altenew Painted Butterflies
Ink: VersaFine Onyx; Altenew Evening Gray; Zig Clean Color Light Brown (061), Brown (060), Mustard (067), Blue Gray (092), Bright Yellow (052), Green Gray (093), Oatmeal (064), Pale Pink (028), Mid Green (046), Olive Green (043), Light Blue (036), Pale Green (045), Lemon Yellow (051), Light Gray (091), Light Pink (026), Lilac (083), Pale Rose (230), Haze Blue (302)



The pot was colored with Light Brown as the base color, and Brown to build the shadows.

I wanted to keep the daisies white, but also look natural and soft, so I started with Blue Gray in the shadows and a very watered down Mustard in a few areas to grunge it up a bit. The center is Bright Yellow and Mustard.

The stem and leaf are my go to greens.. Mid Green and Olive green. 
The bunny is Green Gray, Oatmeal and Pale Pink.


All the fun patches, and little extras are colored with Light Blue, Pale Green, Lemon Yellow, Light Gray, Light Pink, Lilac, Pale Rose


I finished it off with a very light wash of Haze Blue... 

I doodled a border with a sharpie liner pen, and a simple sentiment from Altenew's Painted Butterflies.

Here's to spring... and hopefully some sunshine!

Enjoy!
~Kassi



Comments