blooming bouquet..

Hello my fabulous friends!

Today I've got  a fun LDRS Creative project to share with you. It's broken down into two parts... 

Here on my blog, we're going to do the stamping and inking.. Then you can click HERE to go to the tutorial on shimmer stamping with the new LDRS Creative Hybrid inks!


Paper: Neenah
Stamps: LDRS Creative Blooming Bugs
Ink: LDRS Creative Raven, Little Boy Blue
Copic W5, W3, W1, W00, Y21, Y26, E37, BG93, BG96, BG99, YG03, BOOO, BOO, multiliner; Uniball Signo White; Prismacolor Pencils Black, White
Other: LDRS Creative Stamping Mask Paper; Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Gold; Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins



I'm using the Blooming Bugs stamp set... I love that the flowers, stem, and leaf are all separate stamps, which means there are countless ways to arrange therm! All it takes is a little masking.


To start out, I stamp my two flowers... I'm using LDRS Creative Hybrid ink in Raven on some Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock.



Then I cover them with the masks... (yes, my masks are well used!)


Continue building the scene... Keep in mind that when masking you want to work front to back... So, because the flowers were stamped first, they will be in front of everything else, and the stem, which was stamped after the flower mask was in place, will fall behind the flower. 



When all your stamping is done, add color..

I decided to go with a daisy like feel, and colored my flowers white using some Warm Gray Copics, and used colored pencils to deepen the shadows and brighten the highlights. The stems were colored with BG93, BG96, BG99, then a coat of YG03 over top to brighten and warm them up.


When you color white, you really need other things around the white object to really help it read as white... So I put all my masks back in place, and used my Copic Airbrush to add some light blue background in... I'm terrible at actually coloring in a solid background... the airbrush makes it so much easier! 


Now to add the shimmer... Head over to the LDRS Creative blog by clicking HERE  to learn how!

See you soon!
~Kassi


For more inspiration, follow me on:


Comments