birthday thanks...

Hey everyone!  Sorry I've been an absentee blogger the past week... there was an unexpected death in the family so a lot of my regular everyday things got put on the back burner. 

Anyway, here is a thank you card I made for my parents for the wonderful birthday party the threw me last week.

 Paper: Prima, tissue paper, white cardstock
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Concord), VersaMark, Sakura pen (black)
Creative Inspirations Paint: (Silver Frost, Winter Frost, Royal Blue, Green Olive, Amethyst)
Stamps: 3 Bugs in a Rug "Flower Patch"; TPC Studio "Summer Collage", "Butterfly Collage"
Other: Tim Holtz mask, gesso, embossing powder, rhinestones


This card is make up of a lot of stamping and layering of images and color.  So much fun!  The butterfly was embossed with a pearl embossing powder, than painted in with Green Olive and Amethyst CI paints. I love how beautifully the paint blend.  Speaking of blending, I also mixed some Royal Blue, Winter Frost, and Silver Frost CI paints to create a beautiful light blue that was lightly brushed over some of the background for extra shimmer.

For the rhinestones, I stamped a simple swirl image, then I just lined the rhinestones up along the line and set them with my rhinestone heat tool.  This is a simple way to get a custom rhinestone deign!

Well, have a fabulous day!  I've got to go catch up on some other things that I've been neglecting... 
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Oh Kassi!! I've been so absentee myself that I had no idea. I'm SOOO sorry!! **hugs**

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment