holiday canvas

Hello my wonderful friends!

Time for another ScrapbookUSA Expo project!

While searching YouTube for a video that I could remember watching, but couldn't find, I came across some fun videos about melting crayons to make art... Now, I've worked with beeswax before, but the idea of all those colored crayons had me itching to play myself.


I started out with a mini canvas. I then covered it in a stamped tissue paper. After, it was a just a matter of melting crayons and spraying inks... Tons of fun!

However, it needed a focal image... 

The "Traditional Holiday" stack from DCWV has these amazing little scenes printed in tag sizes... They are stunning! It was just the perfect size to fit the canvas.  I love these little images! 12x12 images can be so overwhelming sometimes. It is nice to have the option of going small.

Enjoy!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV "Traditional Holiday" stack, tissue paper
Ink: Distress Ink, Archival Ink
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations "Amazing Grace", Great Impressions "Magic and Wonder
Other: Rock Candy glitter, mini canvas, crayons

Comments