I saved this book...

Hello my fabulous friends!

No, I don't have anger management issue, nor do I have a deep seeded hatred for books or literacy... in fact, I should be seen as the hero of this story. Nobody wanted this book. I saved it from a tragically sad and lonely life at the dump. Tearing it up was just the first step in reviving it. 
(ok... so it was also really fun...)
  
No longer the dusty old book destined for the trash, it is now full of possibilities!  Filled with fresh blank pages to fill with secrets, dreams, hopes, and ideas... 

The old pages have also been given new life... they were all sent through my die cut machine and made into flowers for use in future projects.... wouldn't want to waste a good thing!

So many textures and little treasures of goodness! The first layer of lace lays flat, the next is gathered, than crinkle ribbon covers all the adhesive.
 The paper flower was made using Spellbinder "Rose Creations" dies and Distress Inks. It actually used to be on a home decor project, but after some redecorating, it was time to give the flower a new home. The colors worked perfectly!

*Sneak Peek Alert!!!*  that's all I can say...

Yes, another one of my painstakingly long long rhinestone designs. I have no idea why I find it so therapeutic to hand set tons of 2mm rhinestones in designs, but I do. 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Basic Grey, white card stock
Ink: Distress Ink, All Purpose,  Colorbox
Stamps: Close to my Heart "Pair-a-Phrase"
Dies: Spellbinders"Rose Creations", Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Ivory, Tutu Pink, Burgundy
Other: Tim Holtz charms, Perfect Pearls, safety pin, key, chain, rhinestones, crinkle ribbon, lace, old book

Comments