challenging myself again...

Happy Wednesday everyone!

So, have you heard the most exciting news?????

Tim Holtz has released Distress markers in the SEASONAL COLORS!!!! I have been wishing for this since... well, since the markers came out and the seasonal inks became part of the permanent line up! 

You can check it out here.

YAY!

Ok, now that that is out of my system... LOL!

Since I had my Unity stamps out, their challenges on my mind, and a little more time to enter another piece, I figured, what the hay! I needed a little inspiration, and if you will recall Saturday's post, if you have a creative block, challenge yourself! LOL!

This time I went with their color challenge. I love this color combo!  Not one I would normally go with, but I love the maroon with the brighter blue, yellow, and green! 

For the background, I sponged some white acrylic paint through a stencil onto some white card stock. After it was dry, I went over it with my blending tool and some Distress ink. The paint does act as a resist if you want it to (by using a wet cloth to wipe the ink off the painted areas like I did towards the center, but you can also heat set the ink to tint the paint for a tone-on-tone look. 

This lovely flower is the Silhouette "3d Ruffle Flower" cut out of Core'dinations card stock. I then got it slightly damp. I rolled each petal around the end of a paint brush, then while it was still rolled, I scrunched it together. This creates nice crinkles all radiating from the center of the flower outwards and the petals have lots of curl and dimension. Once they dry, they are fairly hard and hold their shape nicely. 

The leaves were inked with distress ink, then dampened and crinkled as well. Once dry, I used the ink pad to ink the edges and some of the wrinkles. I then straightened them out slightly, and used one of the  banners from Unity's "Good Times Vintage Banner" set to add some stamped texture. 

Well, it is perfect berry picking weather, so I think I might just go pick me some wild blackberries!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Supplies Used
Paper: Core'dinations, card stock
Ink: Distress ink, Memento
Stamps: Unity "Rose Head to Toe" & "Good Times Vintage Banner"
Dies: Spellbinder "Labels 18" & "Rose Creations"
Silhouette: "Fancy Lattice", "3d Ruffle Flower"
Other: crinkle ribbon

Comments