beach boy...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Once again, I challenged myself to not only start, but FINISH a layout, and it didn't even take me that long!  

(ok, so it would have taken even less time if I hadn't been working on about 6 other projects simultaneously, but what fun is that???)

I decided that Unity challenge gave me a good place to start for these fun beach picts...

To make the background, I cut out the Silhouette Honeycomb Background, then snipped out a random shape from it... I then cut out some insides from patterned papers to scatter randomly... I love doing this! 

Some hand stitching adds some extra texture and dimension to the banners. 


While we were at the beach, I made sure to pick up some teeny tiny shells for the "just in case", and this just happened to fit the bill! A custom charm to remember a fun filled day!

I started out with one of Tim Holtz charms.

I die cut a circle out of white cardstock as my base and used Glossy Accents to glue it to the inside of the charm. I then covered that with some more GA and sprinkled on some beach sand. 

After that had dried, I glued on my cute little shells with more GA and let that dry.

I then covered it with Creative Inspirations Resinesense, and put it under my UV light for 30 minutes to cure. 

Since the one shell was so tall, I ended up doing a second layer of Resinesense. When covering a charm with resin, it is better to build layers than to do  one thick layer. 

Normally when you work with resins, bubbles are considered a bad thing... however, with this particular piece, I thought the bubbles added to it, so I didn't discourage them. I think it adds character :) 


Enjoy!
~Kassi


Supplies Used
Paper: Bazzill, My Minds Eye, card stock
Ink: Distress ink, Memento, Sharpie
Stamps: Unity "Vintage Handwritten", "Tiny Vintage Banners" & "Love in Return"
Silhouette: Honeycomb Background
Die: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Resinesense
Other: Basic Grey Alpha Stickers, Tim Holtz charm, sand, shells, brads, string 





Comments

  1. Really nice and trendy lo. Great geometric patterns. New follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. This layout is just fabulous! I love the hexagons and the layout. Thanks for joining Unity this month for the Be Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that seashell embelly you created! It really is perfect, especially for your layout

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment