Friday, March 7, 2014

just catching up...

Hello my fabulous friends! 

The last couple weeks have been busy... A week ago today I was helping set up for a Blue & Gold banquet (cub scouts)... I had put in HOURS of time in my studio making the table decorations... and I forgot to get a picture of them!!! OOPS! :)

At this banquet, they also had a baked goods auction. So I decided it would be a perfect excuse to experiment... I learned how to make homemade marshmallows. 

I'm addicted.

Every time I finish a batch, I have 3-4 other flavors I have thought of that I want to try to figure out. fresh orange and strawberry have been quite successful, but I need to tweak the blackberry one.... I have yet to make a batch of regular vanilla marshmallows... 

I'm thinking root beer float, and apple cider are next on my list....

With everything that has been going on, I have fallen a little behind on my blogging... (sorry!) So I thought for Unity's FWF I'd just share several projects that have been waiting to be blogged... Enjoy!

For this card I used Unity's "Moments in Bloom" along with THIS technique I shared a while ago using Lindy's Stamp Gang magicals (Mad Hatter Mint & Tweedle Dee Denim). Basically, you stamp your image with VersaMark, then dust magicals over it. You can then lightly spritz with water to reveal a vibrant image and give it a watercolor look. 

 This card features Unity's "Let Love Grow KOM 2/13", and "Heartfelt Sentiments"
The background is done with LSG Smoky Sapphire, Tibetan Poppy Teal and Opal Sea Oats

For the background, I applied some Rock Candy Crackle Paint through a stencil, then let dry. Once it was dry I sprayed it with LSG "Smoky Sapphire", "Tibetan Poppy Teal" and "Opal Sea Oats"

The typewriter was stamped with Distress ink, then given a light spritz of water to make it bleed. 

And, REALLY late, one of the Valentines cards I made... featuring Unity's "My Heart Belongs" and "Learn. Grow. Discover."

all of the images are stamped with acrylic paint... I love the look and feel!

Ok... I'm a little more caught up... do I get to go make marshmallows now? LOL!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

14 comments:

Ruby said...

Beautiful cards.

Angeline Choo said...

WOW. you've been busy.. these are all so pretty!! Love it!

SHartl said...

These are beautiful! I really love that vintage typewriter!

joybear said...

Beautiful cards, love your textures!

KristyLee said...

All of your cards are just super, I like the typewriter one the best :)
I like how you made your back ground! Great job on all! I found you through Unity's Friends with Flair.
Peace,
KristyLee

Kris said...

Beautiful cards Kassi. You always inspire me with your never-ending techniques.

Dawn Fields said...

All are so beautiful!

Crystal said...

Very beautiful cards and your talk of all those delicious flavored marshmallows has me looking up recipes!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Mmmmmm! Great assortment of cards, but the marshmallows sound amazing!

Gaylynn said...

These are all beautiful. Love the rustic look of them. :)

Michelle said...

These are very pretty projects.

Rachel said...

oooo im bummed we don't get a photo of your table decorations! im sure they were great! love your cards, the technique is beautiful
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Julie Odil said...

Great projects, Kassi! I want to try your marshmallows!

Miwa said...

Gorgeous cards!!!