stick on gold...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Today's first card is inspired by Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights challenge.

I loved the bright happy colors with the gold accents... Super fun! 

I started by stamping various sketchy circles from Essentials by Ellen Bokeh Dots set. I LOVE the scribbly freehanded look! (And the fact that I'm NOT free handing it, takes all the scary out of it!)

Inks: Passion Flower (Hero Arts)
Tide Pool (Hero Arts)
Coral Berry (Altenew)

Now to get the gold accents...

I wanted to do some foiling, but with a die cut instead of a printed image... So I grabbed my double sided adhesives sheets (these happen to be for the Silhouette, but any brand should work)

I ran that through my Big Shot using one of the words that comes in the Zipper Panel die set from Essentials by Ellen. It's a wafer thin die, but cut through the double sided adhesive sheet like butter!

I also wanted some tiny gold dots... So I decided to punch some out using my 1/16 inch hole punch... This did NOT work as well as I had hoped... In theory it should work, however my punch is exceedingly dull... I've tried sharpening it with aluminum foil, but it hasn't seemed to fix it... maybe It's just time to replace it... It has served me well for YEARS!

I did manage to get a bunch of tiny dots punched out eventually though. 

Peel off the release paper on the back of your die cut and dots and stick them down where you want them. Then you can peel off the top release paper.

Cut a piece of foil (I'm using Heidi Swapp Minc foil) large enough to cover you adhesive. Put the foil  colored side up over the adhesive and burnish it well with a bone folder.


When you peel off the foil sheet, you are left with beautiful foil anywhere the adhesive was.

If you missed a spot, simply put the foil over it again and burnish. 

Super simple, but lots of fun!

Enjoy!
~Kassi








SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Comments