heaven sent...

 Hello my fabulous friends!

I've been crazy busy lately getting 50 birthday cards done for the Primary kids next year... They ended up being ridiculously labor intensive and took a LOT longer than I had hoped... However, the kids are worth it. :)

I also have been quite busy with a new addition to my family... (more on that in a future post)

Speaking of new additions...  my cousin is going to have a baby girl any day now!!! I needed a baby card to send her, and I recently got this BEAUTIFUL hummingbird stamp as a free gift with a magazine. I knew it would be perfect for a simple yet elegant card.

I kept the card design simple, but I wanted it to have fun movement, so I made it a shaker card.
The hummingbird is a free gift with the Simply Cards & Papercraft issue 153, the sentiment is Unity Precious Little One, the circle die is We R Memory Keepers Circles, the border die is Essentials by Ellen Stitching Lines


The hummingbird was colored with Zig Clean Color markers, then given a  wash of a mix of water and Ranger's Perfect Pearls to give it a beautiful shimmer. 

I'll be honest, this hummingbird is about the 5th attempt... I tried several different mediums to color it, and they all ended up too dark. I love the bright almost luminescent look of the Zig markers. 

A quick tip... To get the line around the circle window, I simply left the die in place after running it through my die cutter, and traced around it with a fine tip marker. I use this trick a lot to get frames or outlines on die cuts. 

Well, I've got to get busy while the little one is sleeping! ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

SaveSave

Comments