Winnie has cupcakes...

Hello my fabulous friends!

It's time again for me to share a DT post for LDRS Creative!

Today I have a card that makes me want to spend time in my kitchen making fancy cupcakes... or at least eating them!!!

Paper: LDRS Creative Time for Tea; Georgia Pacific
Stamps: Polkadoodles I Brought the Cake; LDRS Creative Just Because
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Onyx Black; Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy; Uniball Signo; Copic E000, E21, R20, BV00, E23, E47, E57, E49, E37, E31, E30, E55, BG75, BG10, RV99, RV95, RV93, RV91, T5, T8, V28, R85, T3, T0, 0, multiliner
Other: Rhinestones


Isn't Winnie absolutely adorable?

I colored her using Copic markers. I wanted to give her a vintage feel, so I stuck with muted colors. This gives it a very soft feel without needing to go pastel.

The shadows on my white areas like her apron were colored using very light browns (E30, and E31). This makes it look more like a cream color even though most of the 'white' area is left paper white. I love how changing what colors you use to make the shadows of white areas can totally change how it looks!


To keep to the vintage feel, I tattered the edges of my white panel with a Tim Holtz Paper Distresser. I also added a little Distress ink to the edge. I then did a simple straight stitch across the top and bottom with my sewing machine. 

I added a few tiny rhinestones to accent the edge, the sentiment, and the bows on her shoes. These are my favorite rhinestones.. 3ss AB crystal hotfix rhinestones... They are absolutely tiny, but they add the perfect little touch without over doing it or getting too bulky. LOVE. 

Well that's it from me today.. Stay tuned because starting January 20th I'll be sharing a bunch projects I made for Creativation! Yay!

Now... what kind of cupcakes should I make?

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments