ducks in a row

I love spring! I love that it is warm, but not hot. I love seeing the flowers bloom. I love watching mother birds feeding their babies. I love twirling in the rain.... it makes me feel young and carefree to close my eyes and lift my face to catch the tears of heaven on my cheeks. These things make me happy.
In honor of spring and rain, I made a card with this adorable duck by Clear Dollar Stamps *doesn't he look like he is splashing through puddles...*

Paper: white cardstock, Coredinations
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "Cute Critters"
TPC studio "Woodland Whimsy" (the flowers stamped on the blue)
Inks: Memento, versamark, mark it
Embossing Powder: detail black
Creative Inspirations paint, Doodlebug glitter, Cuttlebug "spots and dots", satin ribbon
the feet and bills of the side ducks are painted with CI paint "buttercup". The duck in the middle is cut out and popped up on foam dots. He is painted with CI "fairy dust". I also covered his bill and feet with glitter to give him a little extra pop.
The inside reads "you quack me up!" (from CDS "Cute Critters"--- I love the funny sayings they have for some of their stamps)
The blue strip is Coredinations left over from the front, so I ran it through the Cuttlebug and sanded it to let the light blue core show through... Love the color cores...
And, yes, that lovely ribbon on the front was painted with CI paint... I am addicted. I tell ya. I went to Wally's the other day and picked up a bunch of 50 cent spools of plain white ribbon... I have always loved ribbon, but I hated how it never quite matched.... Not any more!!! *insert maniacal laughter here....*
Ok.... before I get too carried away, I better step away from the computer...=)
have a fabulous night!

Comments

Post a Comment