From the whites of Winter,

To the colors of Spring!!!
I'm back as promised. =)
So, this morning when I let my dogs out in the backyard, I was greeted by a fresh layer of snow. Yes, snow. Man, am I ready for some warm weather, flowers, and rainstorms! So I thought it great when I saw that this month's theme over at Hero Arts blog is "Spring & Easter". I just had to play along to get some spring in my day. hehehe

Stamps: Hero Arts "Flower Tree", SEI "Mimosa", and Stampendous "Holiday Words"

Paper: plain white cardstock, Bazzill

inks: Memento, distress inks, VersaColor, VersaMark, and Brilliance

other: Glimmer Mist, Glossy Accents, black embossing powder, ribbon scraps, eyelets, and a large flat glass marble


For this card, I stamped the "Flower Tree" twice on white cardstock. On one of the images, I watercolored with distress inks. I also added a little sparkle by painting "Dewberry" Glimmer mist onto the butterfly.


Using Glossy Accents by Ranger, I glued the glass marble over the part of the colored image I wanted accented on the black and white image. When it had dried, I cut it out and glued it over the same part of the black and white.






For the card base, I stamped polka dots using the "Mimosa" set. To keep it from becoming to busy, I decided to do a tone on tone look. My sentiment "Spring Wishes" was stamped multiple times along the edge in a gray, then I used black embossing powder to highlight the center one to make it pop.



A scrap of ribbon, and a few eyelets, were used to finish this card off, and pull in a little more color.


And, I got a package in the mail today.... *doin' the happy dance* More on that later. ;)

Comments