rain or shine

Wow! It is already Thursday!!! Crazy how fast the week flies by!
In honor of the rain we are supposed to be getting, here is my project for today.
Paper: white cardstock
Cricut: Nursery Rhyme, Lyrical Letters, Gypsy Font
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Letter", Autumn Leaves "Swirls"
Ink: Distress ink
Other: Perfect Pearls w/water, acetate

I started off stamping the "Letter" stamp on the white cardstock. I then covered the whole card front in "Wild Honey" distress ink.

the mask
Here comes the fun part...
I cut the child out of acetate with my Cricut. *yes, you can cut acetate, and it works fabulously... use a good sticky mat though...*
I then covered the back of the cut with a temporary glue. You now have a custom made mask!!!

I then stuck my mask down, and inked around it. *there is a great tutorial on how to use masks here. Just scroll down until you find the video named "Masks". (all the other videos are great too!)*

Because I used Distress ink (which reacts very fabulously with water) when I flicked water mixed with Perfect Pearls, I got this great shimmery rain effect. Pretty cool, huh.

Speaking of shimmer.. Here is the inside of the card.

The letters were painted with Creative Inspirations paint "Antique Silver". You can really see the shine in this picture.

Quick tip: When ever you are inking or painting small things like letters, use the sticky part of a post it note. It will hold your pieces in place while giving you something to hold on to. *I learned this tip from the amazing Jennifer Mcguire. You can check out her blog here.

Want more shimmery goodness? Team A over at the CI blog have posted some wonderful projects. Go check it out!

Well, I'm off for my adventures of the day. Have a fabulous day!!!

Comments

  1. Wow- that is one really awesome card- I love all of your tips- I love the one about painting on the post it note....duh..never thought of that! I love the perfect pearls looking like rain! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fantastic! i LOVE using my cricut to make masks too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment