seeking serenity


Spring is in the air... schools are almost out for summer... and... snow is on the ground??? Yup. It snowed this morning. How depressing is that?
Oh well... life goes on.

Today's project is :


the inside of the card:
Paper: Bazzill, Coredinations, cheap white cardstock
Cricut: Pagoda, Gypsy Wandering
Stamps: Basic Grey "Swirlie"
TPC Studio "Faith Greetings"
Ink: Memento, Powder Puff, Stazon
Creative Inspiration Paint: Tutu Pink, Winter Frost
Other: Doodlebug glitter, ribbon, Inkssentials opaque white pen


I cut these flowers in pink, then painted over them with Tutu CI paint... *I have totally fallen in love with this pale pink!!!* I inked around the edges in brown. I then stamped a swirl (for a more natural look, I made sure the stamp went off the edge of the die cut) then using a liquid glue with a needle tip I added the glitter. I love the texture and detail this adds


The butterfly is layered... I cut the image out of the blue paper, then glued it on top of another piece of the same blue paper that had been sanded *I love how Coredinations have a color core that matches so nicely... makes tone on tone distressing VERY simple!*


I then cut the butterfly (without the swirly tail) in white and painted with Winter Frost CI for shimmer. *this painted paper reminds me of some of he metallic papers that cost so much...I love it!* A few foam dots behind it give it even more dimension.

Of course my ribbon is painted with CI paint... *I had to make it match, didn't I???* It is hard to really show the shine on ribbon in photos.. in RL it is a very pretty effect *IMHO*
I distressed all around the edges of the front of the card for a little texture.
"Serenity" was stamped with white Staz-on, but I thought it was still to light to see where the "y" goes on to the ribbon, so I used an opaque white pen to trace over the letters. This really helped it to pop.

I hope you have found some inspiration for your next project...
Have a fabulous night!

Comments