thinking of fall....

The weather man has promised fall weather next week instead of the summer weather we have been getting... YAY!
I love fall... the fresh crisp air... the vibrant colors... it is just beautiful!

I was feeling in the mood for fall today, can you tell?
Paper: white cardstock
Stamps: Inkadinkado fall squares, Stampendous "Stain Glass Thanks"
Ink: Distress, Archival, Powder Puff
Other: Grungeboard swirl, Distress Crackle Paint

This leaf stamp is approx. 1 inch square, so it made doing a mosaic easy. I stamped the image in tons of different distress ink colors, then cut them out, rounded the corners, and laid them out.

The Grungeboard swirl was colored by rubbing the distress ink pad directly onto the surface. This give a nice thick coat rather than the thin coat using a blender gives. The Grungeboard naturally soaks up more ink in some places, and less ink in others... it leaves behind a really neat mottled look. I then covered the whole swirl in Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. This is the clear one by Ranger... I LOVE it! When that was all dry, I rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress ink into the cracks to make them show up better. The ink will only stay in the cracks. The paint resists any ink sitting on top.

So, there's my little piece of fall for the day. =)
Have a wonderful evening!
~Kassi

Comments

Post a Comment