I am happy to report that today I am finally feeling back to normal, which is probably a good thing because...
There is only about a week left before the movers come and pack up the house. Yup, things seem to FINALLY be falling into place. YAY!!!

This however is also stressful... figuring out details, saying goodbyes, getting ahead on DT responsibilities,  packing up my studio... I will be so glad when I can finally set my studio back up and have full access to ALL my supplies again. I have been working out of totes for FAR too long! LOL!

I'm really excited for this new adventure. I have spent most of my life in one house.  There are so many wonderful memories here. I'm carefully packing those up in my heart to take with me, and I'm preparing to make many more fabulous memories.  It will be a complete change of pace for me. I've spent all of my life in the city... Michaels is less than 1.5 miles away, and tons of other craft stores within 20 min. drive. Shopping, food, and friends are always nearby. The new house is in a rural area where the closest Walmart is almost a half hour drive away. LOL! Should be fun! =)

ANYWAY
back to the crafting.

This is the project I shared over at the CI blog last Saturday for my weekly tutorial. I thought I would share it here too. 

 Paper: white cardstock
Stamps: Hampton Art "Artsy Borders", Fancy Pants "Fresh Mod"
Ink: Colorbox Archival (Atlantic Blue, Wicked Black)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Citrus
Other: Modeling Paste

The texture is done with modeling paste and a palette knife... It is so fun to play with!
The yellow is CI paint, which also gives it that fabulous shimmer. The blue is the Colorbox ink... I love how the shimmer shows through the ink!

 While the paste was wet, I dry stamped it (no ink) with this fabulous stamp by Hampton art. I just love it! When the card was dry I inked up the same stamp and stamped in the impression to really make it pop. This is super easy to do with clear stamps! 

Want a step by step for the technique used on this card? Head over here.

Ok... Gotta get going with the rest of the day. I've got some fabric to dye for my sister's nursery. =)
~Kassi

Comments