incoherent creativity...

Sometimes I can sit in my studio for hours, surrounded by countless inks, embellishments, paper, and tools, and get absolutely nothing accomplished. It can be frustrating, but on the other hand, it is still a relaxing place to be. And in those relaxed hours of fiddling with things, sometimes great ideas come. So perhaps the time isn't really wasted.  Sometimes creativity just takes a while to form coherent ideas.

If you remember, a while back, I posted that I had gotten a bunch of beeswax for a Christmas project. Well, I've played with it quite a bit in those hours of "incoherent creativity". I don't feel like I have really mastered it at all, but I am getting more comfortable with it. 

Here is one of the projects I did a while ago with beeswax.
I don't remember all of the products used... A lot of it was experimenting an seeing what worked and what didn't.  I ended up using a chipboard base, and layering papers, stamps and inks.  
All of it was "glued" together with the wax. It is fun to see how translucent some papers get when covered in wax. I think the Music was stamped on regular copy paper.
I also tried stamping in the wax. In theory, you build up a thicker layer of wax, set the stamp in, allow to cool, then pull the stamp out. Yeah. after trying it over and over, remelting the wax in between each try, I ended up with this. I wasn't really happy with it, so I restamped the wax with a Colorbox gold metalic ink, and it helped it somewhat. (The ink was a pigment ink that never did dry on the wax.. however, since it is only in the recessed areas, unless you try to rub it, it hasn't been a problem).

So anyway... this perhaps isn't my favorite card ever, but it was a learning experience, and I thought I would share it with you. 

have a happy Monday. I'm off to see if Tim Holtz has posted his sneak peeks yet, then off to play in my studio...
~Kassi

Comments