monsters...

I just wanted to jump on and share a quick project with you.

This week over at the Creative Inspirations blog the challenge is "Inspired by Embossing", and since I just bought an ADORABLE boyish stamp set (I have a hard time coming up with those!), I decided to make this...

I used distress ink (Ripe Persimmon) to ink the flat side of the "Polka Dot" embossing folder by Provo Craft. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug with plain white cardstock. As soon as it came out, I quickly covered it with clear embossing powder, and heat set it. The melted embossing powder acts as a resist, so I could then color the raised areas (that have no embossing powder on them) with a different color. In this case, Distress ink Chipped Sapphire, and CI Fairydust.

Don't forget that Creative Inspirations is currently having a Design Team call! Click HERE to get all the info you need!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Paper: Bazzill, white cardstock
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire, Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Pumice Stone), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Stamps: Reollections "I'm a Little Monster"  
Creative Inspirations Paint: Fairy Dust
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: Provo Craft "Polka Dots" embossing folder, embossing powder, nail heads

Comments