mouse mini...

Hello everyone!  

I have been having so much fun experimenting with mini albums! If I had known just how fun they are, I would have started making them a long time ago! (although, maybe it's better this way... if I had been making them all this time, I would need a storage shed just for them... LOL!)   =)

This mini is made from coin envelopes. My mom had a whole box of these that she just didn't want anymore, so I claimed them.  Each page is a coin envelope, and because I left the flaps open and pointing out, each page has it's own pocket for journaling, photos, and memorabilia.  

The front cover is actually 2 parts. The turquoise and the "family" diecut are on one layer, and the mice are stamped on acetate page layered on top. The acetate page is only attached near the binding (under the white edger), so the mice really seem to be floating in the breeze!

They are stamped with StazOn in on the front, and colored with alcohol inks on the back. Because of the transparent nature of alcohol inks, the mice didn't really pop as much as I wanted them to, so I sponged on some white pigment ink behind the alcohol ink.  It makes the alcohol ink colors more vibrant, and it added the perfect touch of white to the dandelion puffs.


I went fairly simple with the binding accents... Just a large bow, some thin feathers, and a charm. (to see my charm tutorial, click HERE)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies used:
Paper: Crate Paper, acetate, matt board, coin envelopes
Ink: Powder Puff (Amaretto), Colorbox Pigment (Frost White), Archival Ink (Jet Black, Coffee), Alcohol Ink (Ginger, Latte, Salmon, Sandal), Distress Ink (Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs), All Purpose Ink (Autumn)
Stamps: Glitz "Distressing", Penny Black "Make a Wish", Fancy Pants "In My Words", Kasisercraft "Devonshire", Autumn Leaves "On the Edge"
Cricut: Home Accents, Home Decor
Other: Martha Stewart "Button" punch, clear embossing powder, water color crayons, Glossy Accents, rhinestones, Bind-It-All, pearl cotton, ribbon, feathers, charm, findings

Comments