joy...

Sometimes I just have to be different. 

I wasn't feeling very inspired to finish up my last few Christmas cards, so I decided that I needed to change things up a bit. Two easy ways of doing that is changing your color scheme (it is amazing how much a different color changes the look and feel of things), and try a new (or perhaps an old neglected) technique. 


Although these are not your traditional Christmas colors, they feel very winery and fun to me. They make me happy. =)

As for the technique, I decided to play along with Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas.  I really don't need more tags laying around right now, but I do need cards. So, I'm using the inspiration I get from Tim to make a few last minute cards.  Since these cards need to fit in the mail, I can't get too bulky, so I'll have to pick and choose what things I take from his tags to my cards. 
That said, Tim shares how to do the double embossed background on Tag 1.


I also liked his glittered letters, but I HATE loose glitter falling all over. My solution is encase the glitter. I use a liquid adhesive to cover the letter, then cover with glitter. I also press the glitter down just like Tim says to. However, after my glue has dried, I seal the glitter in with a layer of Glossy Accents. It gives dimension and assures me the recipient will not have an envelope  full of loose glitter. =)

You should check out Tim's blog over the next 11 days.. even if you don't want to play along, he is full of great ideas and encourages you to look at thinks a little differently and have fun.

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Coredinations, kraft
Ink: Colorbox Archival (Frosted Plum), Distress Ink (Black Soot, Vintage Photo), VersaMark
Other: Glossy Accents, Perfect Pearls, Provo Craft embossing folder (Snowflakes), Debbie Mum chipboard alphas, embossing powder, glitter

Comments

  1. I love all the glitter and glam! Super cute!!! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment