silver and purple...

Happy December!
(where has the year gone???)

This fun photo just screamed for tilted layers and a little whimsy. I pulled the color scheme directly from the photo. The main colors being tones of gray with just a touch of purple shades. It was a different color scheme than I would normally use, but it was a fun palette to work with. 

 I talked about this in an earlier post, but... The crown was made by using the negative parts of a die cut as a mask. I used acrylic paint first, then a brushed on a little glue and some glitter. The purple circles are the thin Metallic Accents that you can get here.
The silver dots were one of my "brilliant" 3 am ideas... I used my hole punch to punch out a ton of circles from a red liner tape sheet. I then used some rub on foil.  It took forever. Next time, I'll just use glue dots. =)

The butterflies are punched out of a very thin metal sheet by Making Memories (I think). It worked beautifully with the purple and silver color scheme, and if you look close, you can see a little silver butterfly on a shoe in the corner of the photo. 

Once again, it is WAY too late for me to be up, so I guess I should get to bed. LOL

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: My Minds Eye, Coredinations
Ink: Distress Ink (Black Soot), StazOn (Jet Black), VersaMark, Colorbox pigment (Frost White)
Stamps: Hampton Arts "Artsy Edges", Inkadinkado "Letter" & "Doodle Alphabet", Clear Dollar Stamps "Thumbkins"
Dies/punches: EKSucess, Martha Stewart
Cricut: Car Decals
Creative Inspirations Paint: Metallic Inspirations (Matte Purple)
Other: Perfect Pearls, glitter, acrylic paint, foil, metal, red liner tape

Comments