sending sunshine...

I had power last night!  However, more storms are headed my way, so we'll see what the next few nights have in store for me. =)

In honor of the rain here, I've pulled out one of my favorite rain images from Crafter's Companions...

This cute little rainy girl was colored in using distress inks and a water brush.. the orange is Ripe Persimmon, and the purple is Seedless Preserves.. both from the fall seasonal stack.. aren't they yummy?

The background was double embossed.. first dry embossed then heat embossed.. I was trying an experiment, and although it didn't come out exactly how I envisioned it, I still like it. 

 This is the greeting inside the card. The sun (American Crafts) was stamped with Sunshine Creative Inspirations Paint, and the saying is from Inspired By Stamping "The Sky's The Limit" set that just came out last month.

Well, off to go check if my string is dry yet...

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: White Cardstock, Watercolor paper, Bazzill
Ink: Archival Ink (Jet Black), StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves, Gathered Twigs, Frayed Burlap, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Pumice Stone, Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose)
Stamps: Crafter's Companion "After the Rain", American Crafts "Laughter", Inspired By Stamping "The Sky's The Limit"
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Ovals" & "Nesting Circles"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Sunshine
Other: Provo Craft "Polka Dots" embossing folder, embossing powder, faux pearls, Glossy Accents, string

Comments

Post a Comment