sleep deprived, but happy...

Well, I had good intentions of having a post up yesterday, but I found myself, instead, spending most of the day in a horizontal position trying to pretend I don't exist, and therefor my migraine didn't exist either. Pretending I don't exist really doesn't make the headache go away, but I had to do something with my time... 

An interesting thing about my migraines is that although I am physically, and emotionally drained after they are over, and you would think I would be able to crawl into bed and sleep for 24 hours straight, it kinda does the opposite... it really messes with my sleep patterns. 

(yes, I'm rambling, but hey, I'm exhausted!)

So, while every other rational and normal human was asleep at unspeakably early hours of the morning, I was busy with this...

 This is such a hands-on card! So many layers and yummy textures!  One of those "get your hands good and messy" mixed media projects that I love.. It was blissful happiness dipping my fingers in paint and just creating!

The hot air balloon was done in layers. The bottom layer is a patterned paper that I fussy cut the balloon out of. Next come a sheet of clear plastic that I stamped the balloon on with StazOn ink. This gives me all the fine details of the ropes without covering up the background between them.  On top of that is a layer of Crackle Accents by Ranger. Isn't that an awesome effect!!!
  
And the actual background... my favorite part!  I started by making a stencil using my Cricut and Gypsy.  After that, it's layers of modeling paste, gesso, embossing powder, inks, and Creative Inspirations Paints. I rubbed on the CI paint with my fingers to really highlight the texture. 

I'm definitely going to be making more of these backgrounds! So much fun!

Well, enough of me yapping. LOL

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Teress Collins, My Minds Eye, Recollections clear plastic, white cardstock
Ink: All Purpose ink (Blue Bayou, Sky Mist), Distress ink (Pumice Stone), StazOn (Jet Black), Archival (Jet Black), VersaMark
Stamps: Inspired by Stamping "The Sky's the Limit", Tim Holtz "Odds and Ends"
Creative Inspirations: Antique Silver, Denium
Cricut: Storybook
Dies: Tim Holtz "Ticket Strip"
Other: modeling paste, embossing powder, gesso, Crackle Accents, Perfect Pearls, string

Comments

  1. Beautiful Card. Love all the detail and dimension offered by all the textures. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment