flowers and wire...

Hello all my wonderful friends!

Can you believe it? Two posts in one day! Ha! I'm on a roll! 

Normally I would space things out a little, but I'm celebrating and decided not to wait!

You see, I've been fighting a migraine for the past week and a half... finally at around 11:30 last night it was gone!!!!

YAY!  

I felt SO good I just HAD to get my hands inky and make some art!

This card combines two of my favorite stamps (what am I saying? I have so many favorites... just depends on my mood! LOL!). 

The background is Chicken Wire (super fabulous distressed background!!!), and the flowers are from a set called Moments in Bloom. Both are from UNITY.  

So, I guess I can enter into their challenge with this... ;)

For the flowers, I colored directly on the stamp with Distress markers, then stamped... Quick and easy way to get a colored image! For a more watercolored look, you can mist it with a little water before stamping... that's lots of fun too!

(speaking of Distress Markers... my seasonal markers are in the mail! *SQEAL!!!!!!!*)

I wanted the stamped background behind the flowers to be there, but faint... I ended up using a third generation image. (I inked up the stamp, then stamped it three times without re-inking it between. This faint image is the third time stamped, hence it is very light)  I guess I could have dug through my inks and found a lighter ink color, but I was just sticking with my Distress inks since they were all right there. Generation stamping is a great way to get more milage out of your inks! It's like having a whole bunch of colors in one ink pad! :)

For the background of the card, I used the same Chicken Wire stamp, but this time I heat embossed it on watercolor paper. I then used an ink blending tool to apply a fair amount of Distress ink over the whole piece. The embossed areas resist the ink, leaving a fabulous image.

However, I wanted a little something more... So, I mixed a little Perfect Pearls with some water and used my fingers to flick it at the paper. The splotches react with the ink leaving cool little watermarks, and the Perfect Pearls make the watermarks all shimmery. The photo really doesn't do it justice... Yay for overcast days! LOL!

Enjoy!
~Kassi



Supplies Used:
Paper: card stock, watercolor paper
Ink: Distress Ink, VersaMark
Stamps: Unity "Chicken Wire" & "Moments in Bloom"
Dies: Spellbinders "Labels 18"
Other: Perfect Pearls, rhinestones, embossing powder

Comments

  1. Love your card! I love the addition of the perfect pearls, it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining Unity this month for the Be Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment