I don't have a scrapbook...

Hello my wonderful friends!

Recently, all my family got together for our yearly reunion. One conversation, I admit, made me feel a bit guilty. It went something like this...

Me: Thanks for letting me take your family picture. Now I can put it in your scrapbook so you can remember the hike we took. 

Nephew: I don't have a scrapbook.

Me: Yes you do! I've been making one for you your whole life. (then slightly sheepishly) I just haven't added any pages in a while...



Ok! So I haven't been keeping up with my scrapbooking, I admit it! 

Part of my problem is that LOs take me FOREVER to finish! I have about 10 in-the-works pages that keep getting put on hold so I can get smaller and faster projects done to keep on top of DT and blog deadlines. I really need to do better though because I really LOVE scrapbooking. It is what got me into this whole business in the first place!

Recently, I bought a few stamps from Unity because they were on a really good sale that I found out about on FB... Yes, FB marketing does work! LOL! I also checked out their blog, and their challenges. They had a LO sketch as one of the challenges. Normally, I don't do LO sketches. It just isn't my thing, but I really needed a kick in the rear to get me going on my pile of pictures, and I figured this was just the thing! 

So, here it is! A simple LO that DIDN'T take me forever to complete.


It may not be my most favorite LO ever, but it is finished, which is more than I can say about the 10 others still siting in file folders. 


This stamp here is part of a bigger stamp that I cut down... I didn't want the whole stack of banners, so I just cut out the one I wanted... after all, it wasn't really "fun in the sun". It was actually quite rainy that day! Who says you have to use an image just the way it is?

I think one of the most challenging things about this challenge was only using Unity stamps! I hardly have any, so I was really struggling. Here's to hoping I win the drawing and can get a whole bunch more stamps! LOL!

Enjoy!
~Kassi


Supplies Used
Paper: Basic Grey, Bazzill
Ink: Archival
Stamps: Unity "Happy Pinwheels", "You & Me"
Other: Imaginisce hot rocks

Comments

Post a Comment