happy world card making day!!!

Hello my fabulous friends!!! 

Happy World Card Making Day!!!
In honor of the holiday, I have been working on a bunch of cards today... But, I only have one I can share with you right now. 

Paper: Georgia Pacific; Bazzill, flocked paper
Stamps: Crafters Companion: Winter Wishes
Ink: Memento: Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink: Salty Ocean; Copic: E50, E51, E53, E57, E59, E49, E47, E77, YG69, G29, YG25, R35, R29, R39, 0
Dies: Polkadoodles: Dainty Doily Border


Isn't he sweet?!?!
I kept this card fairly simple...

The image is stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I then used Copics to color it in. I went around the edges with an ink blending tool and some Salty Ocean Distress ink to give it the illusion of a background without actually having to color one... 

I knew I wanted my little bear's toes to appear as if they pop out.. so I used my paper trimmer to cut a straight line from the edge of the paper to the edge of the legs on each side. I then fussy cut along the bottom edge of the legs to connect the two lines. They look like they are kicked out forward, but in reality, it is fairly flat, and won't run into any trouble in the mail. 

I wanted to give a nice border for him to be siting on (after all, I didn't want him just hanging out in the middle of nowhere!). I decided to use the Polkadoodles Dainty Doily Border die (I love this die!). It made the perfect platform for my bear. However I wasn't really liking the overall feel of the card with the various papers I was considering to use with  the die...

 I thought about using vellum... but that wouldn't have the visual weight to anchor the bear... Then I found some flocked paper in my stash of random specialty papers.... It cut BEAUTIFULLY! It feels like VELVET. Seriously. It's amazing! Absolutely perfect for a Christmas card! 

I'm not sure the exact brand this flocked paper is (it's been in my stash for quite a while now...) but you can find flocked/velvet paper from various sources... Like this, or this..

I hope you have a wonderful card making day (or weekend!)

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Comments