winter friends...

Hello my fabulous friends!

Did you know that in Australia there are little penguins (about 13 inches tall) that are BLUE? 
They are called Fairy penguins (or Little Blue penguins). Do an image search... They are adorable!

I found out this fun fact when I did an image search for penguins to give me some references for coloring these ADORABLE  stamps....

Paper: Georgia Pacific; Paper Studio Glitter Glam
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Uniball Signo; Gellyroll Clear Star; Distress Ink Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass; Copic C2, C3, C5, C7, W1, W2, W3, T5, T7, E51, E11, V20, RV32, R81, R83, R89, BG32, BG15, BG49, E31, E35, E39, G40, YG17, G28, B99, B97, B95, E84, E87, E89, BG0000, BG000, 100, 0, multiliner
Dies: LDRS Creative Snowy Day
Other: Twine

Aren't these adorable stamps!?!?!?

I'll be honest, this was one of those projects that I started with a specific vision, but ended up doing something completely different... This actually happens to me a lot... I have an idea, but when I start diving in, I find that it isn't working out quite how I wanted, or different colors start calling to me, or I just decide that it really needs to go a different direction.. I love where it ended up! 

Because I changed directions mid-creation, I did things a little out of order from what I would normally do... 

I started by stamping my main image onto Georgia Pacific card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black. I then colored it in using Copics. 

Then I decided to do a background... So I had to make a mask. I stamped the same image onto some Eclipse masking paper. I fussy cut it out (including using an Exacto knife to cut out the inside parts of the image where the sky would show through... like under her back arm). This will protect my coloring. 

I also wanted to create some ground for the bear to be standing on, but I didn't want a flat line, so I die cut some masking paper using the new Snowy Day border die and added that mask to the bottom of the card. Instant snow banks!

I used and ink blending tool to make the sky with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Inks.

After removing the masks, I added in some shadows with Copics and some snow sparkles with my Gellyroll Clear Star pen. 

I also added this cute little penguin... In my original design, the penguin was going to be a moving piece (which is why it wasn't just stamped and masked with the  bear)... Instead I ended up just fussy cutting it and glueing it on... It works. 


I added a few more details like sparkly frost on the tree (using the Gellyroll Clear Star pen), and a twine bow to finish it up...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

SaveSave

Comments