Celebrations!

Hello my fabulous friends!

I have some exciting news to share with you today...

I have been asked to be a guest designer for a couple months over at Polkadoodles! I love Polkadoodles stamps, so I'm excited for this opportunity! For those not familiar with Polkadoodles, they are a UK based company with a large line of digital stamps and papers. They also have clear stamps and dies. So much fun stuff! Make sure you take a look! Also, check out the Facebook group where you can find lots of inspiration, and share your own Polkadoodles projects!

Ok... back to business...

Today starts a new Polkadoodles challenge!
You can find all the details, and enter on the BLOG

The theme for the challenge is: Celebrations!

Here's my take....

Paper: Georgia Pacific; Polkadoodles Lil Miss Sugarpops kit 1
Ink: Copics (dog) E40, E31, E34, R00, E04, T3, T5, T7, E41, E42, B91, B93, B95, B97, (cat) W0, W2, W4, R00, E04, (crowns) Y11, Y15, Y26, E27, B60, (cake) E29, E27, E25, R00, E04, BG99, BG96, BG93, E71, E70, (ground) C3, C1, C0; Uniball Signo
Dies: LDRS Creative Snowy Day
Other: Ranger Glossy Accents; twine



Isn't this digi adorable?!?!  And the paper... LOVE!

I decided to go with a birthday celebration... I know who I plan to send this card to... and I hope her party really is a celebration!

When I was coloring the crowns I wanted them to be gold, but they were too bright against the muted pattern papers (see the cat's crown?)... So I did a light wash of  B60 (a light bluish purple) over the gold to mute it (see the dog's crown). Adding a light wash of a complimentary color (opposites on the color wheel), mutes the original color.. This is a great trick to keep in mind when you are coloring something and need to tone down a color.

For the frosting, I wanted it to look like a mirror glaze, so I added in my shadows and highlights in marker, then I covered all the frosting in Glossy Accents... This makes it slightly raised, and super shiny!  Makes me want chocolate!

I added a simple twine bow just to finish things off...

Ok.. now it's your turn!  

Make sure to head over to the Polkadoodles Friday Challenge blog and join in the fun!

Enjoy!
~Kassi 

Comments

  1. Congratulations, is always very nice to be a guess designer,I love the way you color the chocolate fudge, really make me wish chocolate cake, lol. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your GDT kassi,the chocolate fudge is tempting, a great card
    shylaa DT@ Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment